Saws are a must-have and integral part of any DIY toolkit set. Like any other tool, they are designed to serve for many purposes.
Saw consists of a tough blade, wire, or chain with a hard toothed edge for cutting any materials for a DIY project or any other reason; for example, it can cut wood, PVC pipe, metal, and so on.
Before choosing any saw, you should consider some essential things: power, required shape, materials to cut, size of the materials, and depth of cut is very important when you purchase any saw for a particular reason.
Saw blades are rated by TPI (teeth per inch), and the TPI range starts from 2-32. Saw blades with lower teeth per inch can cut more quickly, but it can cause rougher cuts.
On the other hand, a higher TPI rating can make a fine and smoother cut in wood or similar materials. You can get more information at SawsHome.
5 Different Types of Saws
In this article, I will let you know about the top 5 types of saws every DIY’er should get to know. These power saws are widely used because they are easier to operate and efficient than any other hand saw.
1. Table Saw Reviews
Table saw comes with a specialized blade, and they are designed to cut solid wood or any other manmade boards into more possible sizes.
If your DIY work is related to wood or wood board, then the table saw is the perfect option for you. It can make a long and clean-cut, more accurate and convenient way.
A table saw designed with an edge or fence so that you can align the wood against it to get your desirable cut. Moreover, the table saw earned more trust in the woodwork because it can do any woodwork quickly, safely, and efficiently.
Uses Of Table Saw
- Mostly a table saw used to cut any large board into smaller pieces, and you can give it a quick and desirable shape.
- A table saw can cut wood to length, so if you need a more accurate and sliding crosscut, you can accomplish it with a table saw.
- A table saw comes with a changeable blade angle that allows doing bevel cuts if you need it.
- You can make a wide variety of joint cuts outside of rabbets and grooves using a table saw.
- A table saw can make kerfing even if it is a thick hardwood.
2. Miter Saw Reviews
Miter saws are commonly known as chop saws. It is also known as a drop saw.
Mostly a miter saw used for crosscut and miter cut when it needed in any wood pieces. A miter saw can make a crosscut accurately at any of the selected angles.
A miter saw is available in several different sizes, but mostly they are around 5-7 inches. Their lightweight construction is not very hard to move.
It also comes with a blade guard. The Entire top is covered with it. This guard can protect you and the blade when you use it or not.
Uses of Miter Saw
- A miter saw can provide you with a more accurate and repeatable cut at the same length.
- It is a perfect saw for any kind of woodwork with a lot of angles. It can give strictly right angles.
- Miter saw comes with an easy cutting action and easy angle adjustment feature.
- Miter saw are mostly used for making gates, boxes, ledges, and more.]
- It’s easy to operate, which makes it more user-friendly.
3. Chainsaw Reviews
A chain saw is a powerful tool that can cut anything by its toothed chain.
A chain saw is a portable gasoline, electric, or battery-powered saw that is powerful enough to cut down any tree or used for limbing, bucking, pruning, and so on.
A chain saw works as a bicycle chain, and its powerful engine can cut down the tree or any other things. Besides, it is useful, but it must be handled with care. You have to be careful when you are working with a chainsaw.
Uses of Chainsaw
- Chain saws are mostly used for trimming and cutting the tree.
- Chain saw also used for carving sculptures and processing firewood.
- Some specialized chain saws can cut metal, concrete, and any other things.
- If you want to clean your yard, a chain saw can help you to cut small plants.
- Some chainsaws come with extra powerful engines to cut metal.
4. Tile Saws Review
A tile saw is a powerful tool used for cutting different types of tile. They are mostly used for cutting ceramic and porcelain tiles, as well as stone tiles.
If you want to redesign your home or kitchen with fresh new tiles, This tool may be able to do it more efficiently.
The tile saw the machine use a diamond-cutting blade to cut any tiles, and the blade needs to wet when the process is running.
Many different tiles saw are available in the market before choosing one, you have to know more about it.
Uses of Tile Saws
- The tile saws are designed and used to cut any kind of tile.
- You can redesign your kitchen, bathroom, fireplace with this tile saw.
- A lot of functional tiles saw available such as wet tile saw, handheld tile saw, manual tile saw, and so on.
- You can use a tile saw to cut a large format and number of tiles accurately.
- Also, a tile saw can be used to cut any natural stone and masonry materials.
5. Circular Saw Reviews
The Circular saw is another power tool that uses a round blade to cut any cut wood, metal, or plastic.
It’s powerful engine and a rounded blade with sharp metal teeth can work faster and smoother. Its changeable blade allows cutting different materials with less effort.
It has a height and depth adjustment system to get accurate and expectable cuts. It can be mounted on the table for more stability and control, and also it can operate by handheld.
Uses of Circular Saw
- Many timber mills use the circular saw to cut large-sized timber into a manageable size.
- Many industrial-grade circular saws can cut down bronze, brass, and steel. They also are known as cold saws.
- A circular saw can cut straight cuts, or by tilting the cutting deck, you can get 90-degree cuts.
- For any decoration or any other DIY project, long Plywood gets the most accurate and precise shape if you use a circular saw.
- You can get a vertical or horizontal slope cut by using any circular saw.
Finally, saws are an essential power tool used for various purposes. A lot of saws are available for many particular tasks. Above, we focused on the top 5 types of saws every DIYer should get to know.
But one thing you have to keep in mind is that operating a saw without preparation or proper guideline could be dangerous and sometimes it could be life-taking. So before doing anything with a saw, be prepared and read the instruction carefully.