If you work with 1×6 or 2×4 inches boards, you understand that they come in 8-foot length.
If you are looking for the best way to cut such boards, to smaller lengths, you will need a miter saw.
To be very honest, when it comes to best miter saw brand name, people prioritize other brand name over Chicago electric. To get best miter saw from most popular brand check and click the following image.
Best Chicago Electric Miter Saw Review
Miter saws are stationary; thereby, you can put it on a benchtop then take the wood to it.
Having done this, the miter saw will cut boards with a cross-cut.
Miters saws are good for doing three tasks and complete them with ease. When you do these three tasks using a different tool, you will only be complicating the tasks.
However, miter saws are not limited to only these tasks. One of the tasks is making regular crosscuts.
When you are cutting a board in half, you will need a miter saw as it is preferred for this, while other tools such as circular saw, a handsaw or a radial arm saw can complete the task, a miter saw will do the work much better and with ease, and chicago electric produces some amazing miter saw.
It because they are powerful and stable since while cutting a board, there are more chances of you getting a hard to cut board.
Therefore, since the miter saw is heavy and stable, you can place it on the workbench, and it will not move when you set the board for it to cut. Also, this machine is easy to line up the cut line.
A sliding miter saw can cut a wide array of boards too. Other tasks that are well done using a Chicago electric meter saw include includes angle cuts and bevel and compound angle cuts.
In this Chicago electric miter saw review, we will look at some of the best miter saws and stand that you should consider buying in 2021.
We will also focus on how to change the blade on Chicago electric miter saw. We hope that by the end of it all, you will make the right decision for a miter saw that will suit your needs.
Some other chicago electric power tools review:
1. Chicago Electric 12 Miter Saw Review- 15 AMP Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
This saw features precise cutting without having to recalibrate. It offers solid construction and comes with XPS cross-cut alignment system.
The improved ultra-bright LED light come in handy as it sees precisely where the blade comes into to contact with the material as it casts a laser-like shadow.
It has a powerful motor of 15 amp, therefore, it will cut through even on the hardest of boards, making your work easier and fast.
The Chicago electric motor also comes with dual liner slide rails that are handy for stability. You will achieve smooth and precise cuts using this saw, thanks to the dual linear rails.
In line with that, it also includes an aluminum machine fence, dust bag, table clamp, cord storage hooks, extension bars, laser guide, and adaptor. The slope is 45degrees left or right. It is a trigger-activated laser guide system.
- This is an accurate budget saw. If you need a powerful Chicago electric miter saw though you are operating on a tight budget, this is the best saw to pick. It is powerful, yet it is pocket-friendly.
- It works fabulously.
- The saw makes smooth, accurate cuts.
- May cheaply available, it may come with a few broken parts.
- The price might not always be accurate.
- Some may have its cable wobbling a bit.
2. 10 Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw
This miter saw is an excellent option for most people. Its 10-inch blade is excellent for most of the work, and also, it can fit in a 12-inch miter saw.
This saw is used in up to 90 % of all the cutting tasks, and up to 20 % is used in industrial tasks.
Talking of speed, you can always choose this Chicago electric miter saw as it spins faster than its 12-inch counterparts and also, weighs less.
The weight here means it has more velocity. Also, speed goes hand in hand with clear and sharp cuts.
Therefore, when you need a saw that can cut precisely, this is the perfect example that you should consider.
The Chicago electric meter saw comes with a 15 amp motor, which powers it to cut through even the hardest boards. It makes precision crosses as well as bevel and miter cuts. Bevel is 45
- It is almost completely assembled out of the box.
- It is pocket-friendly if you are operating on a tight budget.
- Makes precise cuts thanks to its blade speed.
- Might not cut clean through the wood.
- The blade guard might not work.
- Compared to its counterparts, this one seems to be made cheap.
3. Heavy Duty Folding Mobile Miter Saw Stand
Never again should you use all your money to buy the most excellent Chicago electric miter saw stand.
There are several types in the market today that will serve the purpose and serve really well; a good example is this miter stand.
As far as we are concerned, this stand remains to be the best there is in the market, with all the quality you are looking for in a stand.
It is durable and lightweight. It can hold a lot of weight, up to 500 pounds without any concern.
It also can be used with any miter saw despite the brand and model.
In the long run, this stand is foldable. It is made in such a way that it is easy to use on the job site. Comes with dual rails that support the miter saw.
On the other hand, it has a rail system that can work with any miter and also heavy-duty rollers that support lumber to 16 feet. The rugged tubular steel legs are robust and provide extra support.
It has quick-release leg adjustment with levelers for uneven ground. The 7-3/4 inches solid rubber tires which have all-terrain tread saw, but this is sold separately.
When folded, this stand is 13 inches, and its length is ½ inches. The width, on the other hand in 13 inches and weighs 55.12 lbs. Its tire size is 7-3/4 inches.
- This stand is an affordable option.
- It folds easily.
- Can hold up to 400lbs.
- You purchase attachment separately.
- Does not come with wheels.
How To Change Blade On Chicago Electric Miter Saw
After going through the Chicago electric 12 miter saw review, it is now important that you know how you can change its blade once you purchase it. Here are the steps.
- Unplug the saw and then suppress the locking pin. Have the blade in a raised position to prevent it from rotating
- Now remove the center cover fixing bolt and then the safety screw with a screwdriver
- Lift both the blade guard and center cover out of the way and depress the arbor lock button. The arbor bolt can be loosened with the wrench
- Remove the arbor bolt, the outer flange, and dull saw blade
- Slide the new blade into the arbor and then the outer flange then tighten the bolt into the arbor
- Get back the blade guard and center cover and tighten the fixing bolt.
- Finally, release the locking pin
When buying a Chicago electric miter saw, it is essential that you first read reviews of the products. This will make you understand what features each of them has and if it will suit your needs.
You don’t have to buy one simply because it is expensive and you think that it will serve you right. Check the speed, power, and if it has a warranty.